koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] branch tables in koha database

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] branch tables in koha database
Date: Mon Aug 26 13:28:05 2002

address@hidden a écrit:

I propose:

To replace the existing branch tables (branches, branchcategories,
branchrelations) with two tables: branches and collections.

This does entail the rewriting existing code. However because I
wrote most of that code I dont think it will be too difficult :-)

Although this seems like a drastic measure given the simplicity of the
bug in question, I think that it will be better for koha.

If I understand and re-say what you propose :
* creating a BRANCH table that lists the possibles locations for an item. The branch field should change often. * creating a COLLECTION table that lists the possibles collections for an item. The collection should not change (or very rarely).

If i'm right, i think it's a very good idea.

anyway, g'morning everybody, i'm back from holidays,
I've almost finished reading my 300 mails (just 50koha-related to go...). this week i might have only a few days (thursday and friday) on koha, but then it will be 4-5 days a week for at least 2 months i think. and as i've seen my librarians during august, i've a lot of ideas for MARC stuff ;-)
--
Paul