koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Spaces in search parameters

From: Daniel Holth
Subject: [Koha-devel] Spaces in search parameters
Date: Tue Aug 27 19:05:03 2002

Kohaites,

        It's my bug so here's my solution:

        I have edited search.pl to read like this:

($keyword) && (push @$forminputs, { line => "keyword=$keyword",
                                    name => "keyword",
                                    value => "$keyword"}

        And it goes.  Each parameter in the form has a name and value, instead
of being lumped together in one string.

        Now, the search results template is modified to look something like
this but without whitespace:

NAME=FORMINPUTS>

<TMPL_VAR NAME=name>=<TMPL_VAR NAME=value ESCAPE=URL> <!-- new -->

&</TMPL_LOOP>type=<TMPL_IF
NAME="opac">opac<TMPL_ELSE>intra</TMPL_IF>>Previous Records</a>

        And the nice HTML::Template module URL-escapes the value of the
variable.  At first I tried just URLescaping the whole thing (line) but
that turns the equals sign into a percent-code.

        I have not yet succeeded in replacing all the necessary pieces of
search-results.tmpl but I can now browse my whole collection by
searching for a ' ' (space).

        - Daniel Holth