koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] a couple of new projects (fwd)

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] a couple of new projects (fwd)
Date: Wed Aug 28 20:59:02 2002

Hi

> NCIP is a interlibrary communications protocol that can be used for
> interlibrary searches, handlind interlibrary loans, etc.  My
> understanding is that it can also be used to drive 'self serve' check
> out systems like the one from 3M (I could be wrong here).

Just an aside, because we won the 3M innovation award, 3M (australasia)
offered to write the code for Koha to use to connect to a 3M self check
machine if a library with that machine decided to use Koha.

Dunno if it's a useful thing to say, but it jogged my memory.

A good place to go for an
> overview of NCIP is:
>    http://www.niso.org/committees/at_jan_02/index.htm
> copies of the standard and an implmentation profile (longish pdf files)
> can be had from:
>    http://www.niso.org/committees/committee_at.html

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:address@hidden           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org