koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] non-simple publication years?

From: Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] non-simple publication years?
Date: Wed Dec 4 13:12:04 2002

I think that's a matter of representation, so database structure could be as
is (with that sort integer) and scripts could be modified to support
different dating standards simply making conversions. Although I think this
does need change some scripts, not just templates, because as it seems to be
your case, sometimes the matter is an input value on a form.

The same is applicable to date formats on different countries or using
different standards. (i.e. some countries use DD-MM-AAAA while others use
MM-DD-AAAA). I think there may be some kind of support for this in koha so it
should be not very difficult to adapt it for your chinesse years, but I'm not
sure.