koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: latest cvs

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: latest cvs
Date: Sun Dec 8 12:00:09 2002

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> Sorry. I have marked Bug 147 invalid. The librarian can log in
> with the kohaadmin username and password (in both 1.2.3RC23 and
> CVS); and this is explained in the 1.2.3RC23 installer (though
> I did miss it not just once but several times; re-installing
> became so mechanical for me).
>
> But I guess I then have 2 questions:
>
> 1. In 1.2.2, the "kohaadmin" username and password are used
>    strictly as a database username and password; the librarian
>    username and password are separate. Is the change an indeed
>    what is intended?

In 1.2.2 the only way to authenticate was with basic authentication, and
this had to be set up and maintained outside of Koha (ie by using
htpasswd).  Since 1.2.3, Koha has an internal authentication module, and
it was intentionally decided that the username/password in /etc/koha.conf
would be a superuser account.

> 2. This leaves the installers of both versions asking for unused
>    information (the librarian username and password). I guess
>    that questions has to be taken out.

I thought it only asked that question if you asked it to use basic
authentication instead of Koha's internal authentication?  I'll have to
check that.

Steve.