koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Biblio but not items

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Biblio but not items
Date: Sun Dec 15 14:26:01 2002

Hi

> Sample data contains many (searchable) bibliorecords without items
> associated with them. I suspect that this is also true for real
> libraries using Koha. It would be nice to have admin script
> which removes these "floaters" (but not from acquisition!).

In practice it is difficult for Koha to tell between biblios that are in there
because a book is on order (and therefor is reservable and shows up in the
catalogue), and biblios that just don't have items on them because someone
didn't delete them properly.

I think that you'd need a report that got all the biblios without items in a
list, and then you went throug and deleted the ones you didn't need.  It would
be pretty gutting to have all your partly aquired items deleted again.

OR it could be something that comes with simple acquisitions - where you're
only putting in items once you have them in your hand.

cheers