koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Biblio but not items

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Biblio but not items
Date: Mon Dec 16 04:17:04 2002

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit:

Hi

Sample data contains many (searchable) bibliorecords without items
associated with them. I suspect that this is also true for real
libraries using Koha. It would be nice to have admin script
which removes these "floaters" (but not from acquisition!).

In practice it is difficult for Koha to tell between biblios that are in there because a book is on order (and therefor is reservable and shows up in the catalogue), and biblios that just don't have items on them because someone didn't delete them properly.

I think that you'd need a report that got all the biblios without items in a list, and then you went throug and deleted the ones you didn't need. It would be pretty gutting to have all your partly aquired items deleted again.

OR it could be something that comes with simple acquisitions - where you're only putting in items once you have them in your hand.

cheers
Maybe the best solution would be to have an option "only avaible biblios" in the search pat of koha : i don't see any major problem to have "inactive" biblios in the db : maybe in the future we could have it again.
But seeing the biblio in reserve... screen is poor.

--
Paul POULAIN
responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://fr.koha.org)