koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Unrequiring requirements

From: Owen Leonard
Subject: [Koha-devel] Unrequiring requirements
Date: Mon Jun 2 10:31:05 2003

A couple of requests from Nelsonville:

We'd like to *un*require the enry of alternate contact information. We'd like
to be able to add and update member records without entering data for alternate
contact (it'd be nice to have this be a system preference I guess).  Currently
we ask for an alternate contact when a patron fills out a registration card but
we don't store it in the computer.  That means that when we load our patron
data into Koha, every record will lack that information.  We want to be able to
update information in those old records without being forced to dig up the
paper form in a file somewhere.

We'd also like to be able to add juvenile patron records without making them a
'child' of another record.  I see that you can 'Add Adult' and then change the
membership category.  Is that the best alternative?  Change the template to say
'Add Patron' and leave it at that?

  -- Owen

----
Nelsonville Public Library