koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] User info modification

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] User info modification
Date: Tue Jun 3 04:35:09 2003

Jerome Vizcaino wrote:

Hi

I'm having problems with Koha (CVS version) trying to modify properties
of a borrower.
We're using cardnumber like 00A000. The cardnumber field in the borrower
table is reported as a varchar(9) so letters shouldn't be a problem. The
fact is, when I try to modify properties, when applying changes, Koha
tells me that my cardnumber is invalid ! Is this a local problem ?
I've tried with digits only and still had the same problem.

By the way, I want to change the mandatory fields in the user info page.
Is there a way to change it ? If so where ?

Thanks

Systemprefs, changing checkdigit from katipo to none should work.
the "katipo" default ensures the cardnumber is HLT compatible.
none does no checking.
If you want to do your own check : C4/Input.pm, sub checkdigit.
Then change updater/updatedatabese :
in :
      {
           uniquefieldrequired => 'variable',
           variable            => 'checkdigit',
           value               => 'katipo',
           explanation         =>
'none= no check on member cardnumber. katipo= katipo' <== add whatever possibility you added in Input.pm
       },
this modif is only for convenience, but, pls, do it too. Documenting is very important...

--
Paul POULAIN