koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Installer request: no screen clearing

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Installer request: no screen clearing
Date: Tue Jun 24 05:25:20 2003

Paul Gear wrote:

(Somebody tell me if this info should be going to a better place...)

no, it's the right place, i think.

The practice of clearing the screen in the installer is not the best
idea, IMO.  As you can see, i've had a lot of error messages, and these
might get missed by the installer clearing the screen.  Additionally, i
can't scroll back in my terminal to see the full install output.  I'd
rather see the installer just write to the screen as normal, with some
sort of colour (as it does at present) or separator to show that a new
task is being started.

I agree. The behaviour at beginning was NOT cleaning the screen. Then we added the clear (don't know remember when) I think we could roll back. MJR, what do you think, as installer hacker (kudos for this new title :-D ) ?

--
Paul POULAIN