koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and the Open Archives Initiative Protocol

From: lars
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and the Open Archives Initiative Protocol
Date: Tue Sep 21 06:30:14 2004

I did some occasional experimenting with OAI for work 1-4 years ago, but not
much.  From what I recall these two links might be of interest for implementing
OAI in Koha:

        Net::OAI
                http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/search?query=Net%3A%3AOAI&mode=dist

        Implementation Guidelines for the Open Archives Initiative Protocol
         for Metadata Harvesting - Guidelines for Repository Implementers
                http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-repository.htm

These two might also be interesting, but less relevant than the above:

        Implementation Guidelines for the Open Archives Initiative Protocol
         for Metadata Harvesting
                http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines.htm

        The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
                http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.htm

There was also a recent article on OAI harvesting by Ed Summers "Building
OAI-PMH Harvesters with Net::OAI::Harvester" Ariadne.  Issue 38.  2004
        http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue38/summers/

-Lars

[snip]

This mail sent through L-secure: http://www.l-secure.net/