koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Firstname / surnames uc/lc

From: Andrés Tarallo
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Firstname / surnames uc/lc
Date: Mon May 9 09:08:31 2005

At least in Uruguay (and I think Chile, Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil) surnames are written with the first initial in Capital (look at my from:). I realize that this is not a good practice, since sometimes is dificult to realize which is the name and which is the surname (this happens to me often, with my ID Card and Passport); but is the standard practice.

Andres

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Hi,

In french, we usually write surnames in capitals (POULAIN) and firstnames with 1st letter in capitals (Paul)

Is it a behaviour that is international or french specific ?