koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Firstname / surnames uc/lc

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Firstname / surnames uc/lc
Date: Mon May 9 17:03:47 2005

Andrés Tarallo wrote:
At least in Uruguay (and I think Chile, Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil) surnames are written with the first initial in Capital (look at my from:). I realize that this is not a good practice, since sometimes is dificult to realize which is the name and which is the surname (this happens to me often, with my ID Card and Passport); but is the standard practice.

Andres

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Hi,

In french, we usually write surnames in capitals (POULAIN) and firstnames with 1st letter in capitals (Paul)

Is it a behaviour that is international or french specific ?

I think it might be french specific - we write with only the first letter capitalised in all names

cheers
Rachel

--
Rachel Hamilton-Williams