koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Foundation

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Foundation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:31:36 +0200

Andres Tarallo a écrit :
Why not become a project of the apache foundation? I think that It would
also serve to make Koha more independent of their original developers or
the companies that suport koha.

My main problem with this idea is to be a part of "technical" foundation.
I -strongly- think that the foundation must be for librarians, not for techies. So, I can be happy with the idea to be a part of a "librarian foundation", but not of a "technical" foundation.
And I think no library know what is "Apache foundation" !
The problem being that I don't know any librarian foundation that is related to computer questions. Thus the idea to create something new !

Hoping i'm clear...

--
Paul POULAIN