koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Foundation

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Foundation
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:15:06 +0200

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
Hi all,

Over the past few weeks we've discussed the idea of forming a Koha
Foundation -- a non-profit organization for Koha. I'd like to open
this topic up to koha-devel to hear what your reasons are for wanting
such an organization, as well as how you think it should be set up
(and where). Any takers?

Another reason to have a foundation :
I know many libraries that have out dated computers, waiting power-off in the cellars. I also know many libraries in Africa that could be interested by such computers, with Koha (server or client -firefox-) installed.

So the foundation could help them to meet !
(that's a thing I can't really do : I could, but "who proves me that you don't plan to keep computers for yourself" ? and "who will pay UPS to deliver the computer to Burkina-faso/ivory coast/congo/anywhere else ?"

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants