koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 success

From: Mason James
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 success
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:51:53 +1300

On 2008/01/12, at 8:47 AM, Chadwick, John, DCA wrote:

We got two servers running with Koha 3.0 now. The backend works nicely. Our database admin likes the design and setup and she has been importing MARC records.

The only issue we have now is that we can’t do a search from the OPAC. The screens display okay, but a search by title or author of materials we have imported are not showing up in search results.

John

Hi John,

just my 2 cents

it seems like you probably have imported your marc records ok into koha
but your zebra isnt setup, running, or indexed correctly

ive had a similar issue too

you can verify that you have koha records like this, in your DB
mysql> select * from biblio;
or
http://mykoha/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=1

if you a result there,  you have records (or, at least 1 :)

=======================================
check that your 'Nozeb' syspref is set to '0'

next, rebuild your zebra indexes again (cant hurt :), something like this....

$export KOHA_CONF="/home/mtj/koha/etc/koha-conf.xml"
$ koha/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b

which will take a few minutes. fmmv

make sure your zebrasrv process is running, and now try a OPAC search

that could take care of your issue.

Cheers, Mason

--
Mason James                                address@hidden