koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Custom searches in opac

From: Peter Hartmann
Subject: [Koha-devel] Custom searches in opac
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:30:33 -0500

Hey, I'm looking to set up a custom search in the npl opac for
'Reading Level".   This is a big one for elementary schools.   This
information is under 521a in the marc records that I have imported
into koha database.  This mysql query lists the information in a table
that I need:

select  * from marc_subfield_table where tag = 521 and subfieldcode = 'a';

Any ideas how I could search this as a temporary table from the opac.
Or is there an  easier way?

value="marc_subfield_table.subfieldvalue" />
               <input type="hidden" name="and_or" value="and" />
               <input type="hidden" name="excluding" value="" />
               <input type="hidden" name="operator" value="contains" />
               <input type="text" id="subfieldvalue" name="value" />

this is how far I've gotten in altering the opac-search.tmpl file for
the npl template.  It doesn't work.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Peter