koha-devel

Fwd: [Koha-devel] Custom searches in opac

From: Peter Hartmann
Subject: Fwd: [Koha-devel] Custom searches in opac
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:30:14 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Hartmann <address@hidden>
Date: Jan 17, 2008 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Custom searches in opac
To: Henri-Damien LAURENT <address@hidden>

Can I make the search criteria not so strict?  I did notice that with
my previous 952p test that partial searches didn't work. Searching for
'6' did not return results although  that are many sixes in barcodes.
These 521a  fields have spaces in them as well which may be causing a
problem.

Examples:
PreK.  -   K
4 /   3   -   7

Not sure what the second one indicates....but that's the librarians doing.

With name="operator" value="contains":
Searching for 'prek' gives 7 results even though there are man more
there.  Searching for any of the numbers doesn't work.

name="operator" value="="
Single numbers  and floating point numbers work but not 'Prek'.

Is there some way of combining "=" and "contains"?

I tried using 'or' like this but no good:

 <input type="hidden" name="operator" value="contains" or "=" />

and also two separate lines with each variation....

 thanks,  Peter

here it is again...

               <input type="hidden" name="and_or" value="and" />
               <input type="hidden" name="excluding" value="" />
               <input type="hidden" name="operator" value="contains" />
               <input type="text" id="level" name="value" />