koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] a so simple question

From: Galen Charlton
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] a so simple question
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:39:14 -0600

Hi,

Currently authorities can be added in several ways:

1. From the web interface via authorities.pl
2. Via the batch job bulkauthimport.pl
3. Via automatic creation when a bib record is added via the
cataloging editor, if the BiblioAddsAuthorities system preference is
on.

As far as I can tell, only the third approach currently links bib
headings to authority records.  I think at one time (and maybe even
now?) there was a batch job that would go through existing bibs and
existing authorities and link bib headings to authority records, but I
don't think it still exists or works.

I'm currently playing around with improving authority support,
particularly for MARC21, and will be posting some plans on koha-devel
later this week.

Regards,

Galen