koha-devel

RE: [Koha-devel] Authorities (was: a so simple question)

From: Ignacio Javier
Subject: RE: [Koha-devel] Authorities (was: a so simple question)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:25:14 +0100

> From: Bünzli, Daniel
> Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Authorities (was: a so simple question)
>

> Le 22 janv. 08 à 17:39, Galen Charlton a écrit :
>
> > As far as I can tell, only the third approach currently links bib
> > headings to authority records.
>
> In unimarc, another approach is to generate marc records with
> appropriate $9 fields and bulkmarcimport them, but you also have to
> take care to fill in the $a $b (7XX) and $a $x (6XX).
>
> > I think at one time (and maybe even
> > now?) there was a batch job that would go through existing bibs and
> > existing authorities and link bib headings to authority records, but I
> > don't think it still exists or works.
>
> I guess you refer to migration_tools/build6XX.pl, it still exists but
> I couldn't make it work (and was only for 6XX fields).
>
>  > kohaenv ./build6xx.pl
> Unrecognized character \xEF at ./build6xx.pl line 99.

Seems somebody has played with character coding of the file and there are
serious encoding issues. I guess it was an x file that was managed as y by
an editor and then reconverted to x thinking it was an y.

That line and the 3 next are supposedly making replacements of entity
�, Unicode replacement character (U+FFFD) that is used to replace an
unknown or unprintable character.

Believe me.