koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] transfer & reserve problem/question (bug ?)

From: Galen Charlton
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] transfer & reserve problem/question (bug ?)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:50:16 -0600

Hi Paul,

On 1/25/08, Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello world,

World sends greetings. :)

> imo, a book being transfered should display "1 item being transfered
> from X to Y" (in staff interface) and "Not available" (in opac)
> a book reserved should be displayed likely.

Sounds reasonable, but this definitely should be configurable, as some
libraries may want to also have to OPAC explicitly say "in transit" or
"in transit from X to Y" rather than just a plain "not available".

> The SAN-OP has this feature in it's specific 3.0 version, running live
> since 1 year now, and it display those information.
>
> How could we reintroduce this behaviour ?
> the easiest solution would be, in to introduce a test for that in
> C4/Search.pm/sub searchResults.
> what do you think of this solution ? Another one would be to have new
> fields in items table, to store a transfer or a reserve, but I think
> it's too complex.

I don't think a new items field would necessary, as the transfer
status should be derivable from branchtransfers and the request status
from reserves.  Perhaps there should be an omnibus function in
C4::Circulation or C4::Items that checks all of the various fields
that describe an item's status and returns a nicely structured result
that in turn can be parsed for display in the staff or OPAC search
results.

Regards,

Galen
--