koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Circulate by callnumber

From: Jose Miguel Parrella Romero
Subject: [Koha-devel] Circulate by callnumber
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:51:57 -0430

Greetings,

I've been told it's considered near-sacrilegy, but I would like to write
a patch for Koha that allows staff to circulate items by callnumber.

AFAICT it's only possible to do so using the item barcode, which might
be a problem for items migrated from ILS that didn't allow/weren't used
to store barcodes for each item, or simply for items that don't have
barcodes and circulate.

I modified the template and the circulation.pl script in order to handle
an additional callnumber variable, and then I went on to modify
issuebook and canbookbeissued from Circ2.pm, including the SQL query for
the item information.

However, I keep getting EXPIRED and NO_MORE_RENEWALS error messages and
of course the item does not get circulated. I also think this might not
be the right way, and maybe somebody else can provide some pointers on
the expected behavior and what you do in these cases.

Jose