status of l4-hurd

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: status of l4-hurd
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:06:40 +0200

I'm interested in porting hurd to L4. I'm busy reading L4 papers and the
mailinglist archive and I will soon start playing with L4. If I understand
everything correct, we first need to replace the *.defs with *.idl and
generate the stubs with flick. After that we need a libpthreads for mach
and L4 (or does that already exist?). Then it's time to design a kernel
abstraction layer/virtual kernel or how you like to name it. Porting hurd
to that layer and write the L4 layer code seems like one of the last steps.
Glibc needs also be ported if I'm right. Is there already any work done in
one of these areas?

Jeroen Dekkers