Re: status of l4-hurd

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: Re: status of l4-hurd
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:26:20 +1000

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:34:00 +0200 (CEST)
"Farid Hajji" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Glibc needs also be ported if I'm right.
> This is a tough one. It depends on the way we're going to follow. If we
> base everything on top of VK, then we'd need a POSIX emulation library
> that would probably be outside of glibc (for max. portability). Should
> we do it the glibc way, we'd need to write VK(?) or L4 sysdeps in glibc.

I think the VK interface sounds interesting, it sounds like a daunting
task to define it though, what would be the best way to go about it ?

Is the layer between the Hurd and mach defined anywhere ?

I imagine it would be take a lot of refining to get right.

Glenn