Bochs 2.0.2 and L4ka

From: Laurent Gualdi
Subject: Bochs 2.0.2 and L4ka
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:55:31 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm knew to the list so i don't know if my problem
was already solved.

I've just made a patch against bochs-2.0.2 to make it work with
L4-ka hazelnut.

My problem was that when i was runing the L4-ka kernel
under bochs, it always fail to start because of a missing cpu feature ('de').
The thing i've done was to force the DE bit to 1 in the function that emulate
CPUID in bochs ( ./cpu/proc_ctrl.cc ).

I don't know if it is correct to do it like that but it solve my problem
:-)). Now i can run L4-ka with bochs.

I didn't test more this really small hack so i don't know if it involve more
stuff in bochs.

The patch add a --enable-de-bit-hack in the configure script.

Here is my command line to compile the patched bochs-2.0.2 :

./configure --enable-cpu-level=5 --enable-4meg-pages --enable-de-bit-hack
--enable-disasm --enable-x86-debugger

I hope it will be useful.

bye

Laurent Gualdi