Re: Bochs 2.0.2 and L4ka

From: Farid Hajji
Subject: Re: Bochs 2.0.2 and L4ka
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 04:34:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi Laurent,

"The DE bit allows the Pentium+ to set breakpoints in I/O space using
the breakpoint registers. The R/W coding 10b is used to indicate that
the breakpoint is in I/O space on the Pentium+.  The 10b encoding was
marked as 'invalid' for pre-Pentium CPUs."

hmmm, breakpoints handling may be somewhat hairy to handle.
I withdraw my previous statement about implementing DE-bit fully.

Perhaps forcing DE bit to 1 would be okay, as long as
no kernel debugger in Hazelnut (or pistachio) needs it.

So your hack may be the best work-around for now ;-)

Regards,

-Farid.

--
Farid Hajji -- Unix Systems and Network Management.
http://www.farid-hajji.net/address.html