Re: (Off-Topic) Autoconf

From: Harri Haataja
Subject: Re: (Off-Topic) Autoconf
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:24:43 +0300

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:10:12AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > he lecture so we can all participate in the outcome of the
> > experiment :)
> Negative on the webcam, but I'm actually doing audio recording of the
> lectures -- which, according to Ludovic, is probably Marcus's fault.
>
> Ogg or MP3? Probably both, since most of my students still live in
> Windows hell.

Ogg, presuming Vorbis within, is quite available in Widows hell as well.
If you're in no-installs joe user and no help from the administrators
hell, then it's of course a problem as newer things (and especially
better things) don't come as default.

Of course I imagine speex might be more suitable for the purpose.

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/

--
If infinite rednecks fired infinite shotguns at an infinite number of
road signs, they'd eventually create all the great literary works of the