Re: Supporting POSIX *users* (was: Re: Does supporting POSIX application

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Supporting POSIX *users* (was: Re: Does supporting POSIX applications require ACLs?)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:35:55 +0200

   Alfred says we should use most of POSIX, but not the features which
   are insecure.

   Jonathan says we should not use the POSIX features which are
   insecure, but does not say anything about the rest.  To me it seems
   he doesn't mind using it.

To me it seemed that he said the exact opposite: "POSIX is a doddering
mare, well past due for the glue factory.", "I believe that POSIX is
not the way of the future.", etc.

But if by saying those things he meant that it is ok to use POSIX,
i.e. that Jonathan and I agree with each other, then I'll go back to
school and learn the skill of reading!