Re: Potential use case for opaque space bank: domain factored network st

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Potential use case for opaque space bank: domain factored network stack
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 07:52:34 +0100

At Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:45:57 -0500,
"Jonathan S. Shapiro" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This is justified, according to Jonathan, because eventually there
> > will be a world where the mechanisms are used for good and rightful
> > purposes instead of being abused.
>
> I have no idea where you got this, but it didn't come from me. Please do
> not attribute motives to me that are not mine.

It's the only sensible interpretation I can derive from the "thought
provoking analogy" that you made here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/l4-hurd/2005-11/msg00325.html

   "I want to suggest that TPM is now in the stage comparable to
    "duplication before the printing press". Just as we would have been
    wrong to discourage scribes, we would now be wrong to discourage TPM."

I seem to recall that you called DRM a 'clever abuse' of trusted
computing, but I can't find it in the archive.  You did call it a
perversion of privacy though.  Same difference.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/l4-hurd/2005-11/msg00126.html