Re: To Pierre

From: Anton Tagunov
Subject: Re: To Pierre
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 05:25:09 +0300

Anton>  RIAA needs both "non-free" OS + Chip to enforce real DRM

Pierre> And as far as enforcing DRM is concerned, a free OS is as
Pierre> good as a proprietary one. TPM doesn't relies on closeness
Pierre> of source code but on cryptographic protocols

Right! In desire of brevity I've misused words. What I mean is

if all computer owners run a Free OS that _also_
allows memory inspection for any process (w/o it's permission!)
then DRM is bustered.

Pierre> blackbox algorithms don't require opaque memory
Pierre> replace process instanciation by service invocation
Pierre> to achieve blackbox algorithms

Got you.
Hope a discussion may stem in my new mail thread:

    "To Jonathan [backdoor]"

where I advocate the notion of a "backdoor" for computer
owner to inspect memory of any process.

Anton