libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Libredwg Rebirth

From: R. van Twisk
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Libredwg Rebirth
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:11:46 +0100

@All,

to be clear,

the license of LibreCAD V2.x.x is GPLv2 and this will never change.

LibreCAD 3.x.x will be based on separate libraries we develop and all core work will be done using MIT or BSD.
The GUI (icons, menu) of LibreCAD 3.x.x might be GPLv2 based.

According to our understanding its allowed for GPLv2 licensed applications to use MIT and/or BSD code as long as its dynamically loaded.
If you feel we are entering a danger zone, please let us know! We are trying to be good citizen and trying to help people that love open source to use their DWG/DXF files.

Ries van Twisk