libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Libredwg Rebirth

From: gagan
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Libredwg Rebirth
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 11:02:23 +0530

On 06-Dec-2014 10:10 PM, "Dave Bender" <address@hidden> wrote:

> And I will echo the sentiment of many a CAD developer: the ODA
> membership is not cheap but if given the opportunity I would join that
> and use their closed source library.

See its a tit for tat condition. If you and other developers contribute development of GNU LibreDWG, then only it can replace the openDWG libraries. Its your duty to make it enough good to replace openDWG. You can't actually say the above statement until you don't help in development of GNU LibreDWG.

> So libredwg has to be an attractive alternative for the developer, not
> just the user.

Pardon me but if you could explain what user and developer means here ?

--
Thanks
Gaganjyot