Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amazon Kindle & ebook app ideas?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amazon Kindle & ebook app ideas?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 11:14:39 -0500

v_2e@ukr.net writes:

>   Hello!
>
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 00:00:09 +0100
> Juan Diaz <juandiazq@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Kindle is really tempting and I'm still looking for a open alternative
>> platform that can DRM-freely read books and install apps like "Cool
>> Reader".
>>
>   For example, I use the Azbooka N516 reader which runs OpenInkpot and
> has the CoolReader already installed in it. I bought it for about $100
> (a new one) a couple of months ago.
>
>     Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Can you point us to where you got this? I've been doing research into
free ebook readers and have not seen an OpenInkpot one for so cheap.

(I think unfortunately the N516 may require a proprietary firmware blob,
but that's what I'd like to investigate.)

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.