Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DVD-PL license feedback

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DVD-PL license feedback
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:45:34 -0400

Hi Jason

Thanks for the feedback.

The thing is laws don't mean anything until you sue someone. I can't imagine suing anyone but I really can't imagine suing someone outside of North America.

At least in my industry, the new reality of the world is not a western Europe/ N. American as centre of the world. India, apparently now has the largest concentrations of pharmaceutical companies in the world. If some Indian company forks my software, it's gone. If they don't remit the changes, I'm stuck.