Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Breaking the garden walls

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Breaking the garden walls
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:22:31 +0200

<rysiek@fwioo.pl>wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Since there is a discussion on Tent, I figure I might also ask
> > your opinion on this:
> > http://rys.io/en/88 | http://rys.io/en/88.txt
> >
> > I have been thinking about this for a while already. Basically I
> > believe, if done right, we might have a way of breaking people of
> > walled gardens.
> >

> > Here's the short version, but do please read the whole post (it's
> > not that long), many issues are covered there already.
> >
> > 1. agree on a single social network protocol (or two - one for
> >
> >    microblogging, one for longer forms) and throw all weight and
> >    support behind it.
>
> This is an important one, and it sounds difficult to me because I
> don't know how to make people agree.

That's true. Especially in the FLOSS world.

> Your tactic is to make people agree to agree first.

That's one step of it, yes. The second step is to get comments, decide
between large organisations and as many people as possible and just
throuw our weight behind whatever we decide is worthy.

> Hopefully that works, or someone else knows another effective way.

If they do, let them speak now or... well, or speak later. ;)

> > (...)
> > So, what do you think?
>
> Sounds good.

And there was I, afraid that I will be firmly talked down for my silly
ideas. ;)

> > Me and my foundation is willing to take part and engage in such a
> > project if there would be some interest from others (see what I
> > did there with this pledge right now? ;) ).
>
> You have my interest. Tell me what to do

I am thinking of creating a place on Teh Intertubes to get "public
consultation done" on Step 0. And I need help in defining the process
we should follow to make it work.

Any ideas welcome!

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania

P.S.
There was a thread about changing the list setting to put a Reply-To:
<this list> header. I believe that would be a welcome change...