Re: [libreplanet-discuss] suggestion/help. GPL enforcement.

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] suggestion/help. GPL enforcement.
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 13:11:49 -0400

On 06/05/2016 01:04 PM, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
You don't have to write software for free. You don't even need to
redistribute it publicly, that is, you can redistribute to people who
pay you to do so. But once you do redistribute it (publicly or not)
remember to comply with the GPL, and remember not to redistribute the
source for a price bigger than the direct and/or allocated costs of a
physical redistribution. That's all.
Hi Adonay

The GPL does not dictate price, people can take free as in beer GPL and sell it for more. People are flogging the GIMP software they downloaded for free on Ebay for real money.

We have to provide our code to sources upstream but I believe we can charge for this and the price could be unreasonable.

-Patrick