Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Cross posting FSF announcements to libreplanet

From: Adri S.
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Cross posting FSF announcements to libreplanet-discuss
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:32:24 -0300

Actually, forwarding yourself is better than cross-posting by fsf IMHO. Forwarding allows everyone to start a conversation thread with a line of thinking. Cross-posting would be having only one thread with multiple lines of thinking all tangled up (something that will happen anyways, ok).

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Mike Gerwitz <mtg@gnu.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 11:45:59 +0200, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> So I'd like to suggest that the FSF cross-post their announcements to
> libreplanet-discuss. There's not a lot of them, so it wouldn't be a
> mess. And it would give us all a place to discuss announcements, as
> well as give the FSF a place to gather feedback.

Regardless of their decision (perhaps e-mail campaigns@fsf.org to make
sure they see this), you can always respond to the message on this
list.  It'd be useful in that case to either forward the message itself
as an attachment or quote the entire body so that others who don't
receive the mail will have the proper context.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer