[libreplanet-discuss] language of prisoner vs liberty software

From: Logan Streondj
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] language of prisoner vs liberty software
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:33:22 -0400

Hi All,

Many people do not know what proprietary means.
It also does not translate well
most languages do not have a word for it.

If I attempt to promote software liberty on the street, one of the
first questions is "what is proprietary?".

Proprietary means it is owned, and held, that it's rights have been
taken away. Thus it is a prisoner, it can not escape, it can not be
mixed or copied.

I suggest we use the term prisoner software in our propaganda, as it
can be understood in the majority of languages by the majority of people
.

We could describe the GPL as a constitution, defending the liberty of
the software to be mixed and copied.

Thanks,
- ---
Logan Streondj,
A dream of Gaia's future.
website: http://joyfullifestyle.ca
twitter: https://twitter.com/streondj

You can use encrypted email with me,
how to: https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
key fingerprint:
BD7E 6E2A E625 6D47 F7ED 30EC 86D8 FC7C FAD7 2729