Re: libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 114, Issue 8

From: David
Subject: Re: libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 114, Issue 8
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 18:14:02 +0100

 While there isn't a formal set of rules relating to postings there is
 a set of guidelines on the following link:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html

 Also though I don't want to put words in John Sullivan's mouth as it
 were Daniel Pocock appears, in my personal opinion, to have deviated
 from these guidelines to such a degree that were I in John Sullivan's
 shoes I might have felt it necessary to take
 moderator/administrator action such as extra moderation by holding
 Daniel's postings up so that they might be vetted or even Daniel's
 removal from this list. Calling such actions "censorship" is a very
 extreme reaction IMHO as the very same core points could have been
 made in a less excitable manner without potential breaching of the
 above linked guidelines and thus without triggering any negative
 actions.

 John Sullivan may, or may not, wish to comment on this but the above
 is simply my own personal take on the situation.

David Nash

 Message: 3