Verifying fixes?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Verifying fixes?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:26:27 +0000

As I was reviewing Jonas's test review environment on GitLab, I noticed that
there were tons of closed issues that had not been verified.

I went back and looked on SourceForge, and found that we have 587 issues that
are listed with status of Fixed and do not have the label Fixed_2_21_1 (which
has not yet been released, so they cannot be verified).

I think our long delay between releases as we worked out the bugs in our
release system got us out of the habit of Verifying the fixes.

Do you believe we should Verify the fixes, or should we just leave the issues
closed without verification?  I'm willing to spend some time doing the
verification, if we think it's valuable to do so.

Thanks,

Carl