new feature: accordion registers update

From: Davide Bonetti
Subject: new feature: accordion registers update
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 22:05:34 +0100

Hello to everyone.

I have updated the accordion registers that are in accreg.scm.

I modified accreg.scm and renamed in "accregtwo.scm". This file must be placed in lilypond usr/share/lilypond/current/scm directory in order to make it work.

also, at the top of a input file is necessary to put:

#(use-modules (scm accregtwo))

Here attached also accreg.ly and accreg.pdf that demonstates the new registers.

List of changes

- \discant
    - added common names for registers, such as "bassoon", "musette", "organ", etc.     - added new positions available for accordions with double bassoon or double piccolo, every combination is now possible

- \stdBass
    - added a method to choose every combination possible, based on the first letter of the reed banks: S A C T B

- \stdBassIV
    - added a method to choose every combination possible, based on the first letter of the reed banks: S A T B

- the feta font did not contain any square symbol for standard bass accordion registers, so I create this symbol with a markup command, named \accordionStdBassSq.     The new symbol have the same dimensions of \stdBass round symbol, and is scalable (it responds at fontsize modifications in the same way of a glyph).     Maybe is possible to create a new glyph for the feta font, but I'm not able to do it.     In accregtwo.scm the code of accreg.scm is modified so it can accept the new markup command.

- \stdBassSq
    - new markup command, same of stdBass with square symbol, as commonly used in accordion notation.
    based on \accordionStdBassSq

- \stdBassIVSq
    - new markup command, same of stdBassIV with square symbol, as commonly used in accordion notation.
    based on \accordionStdBassSq

- \freeBassIII
    - new markup command for accordions with free bass in III, using the feta font accordion.bayanbass

- updated the documentation included in the file.

Everything seems to work well.

Testers are welcome!

Question: is there a way to make it work without putting the new file in lilypond /scm directory?

Question 2: it is possible that this will become part of an official release?

Thaks to all and best regards

Davide Bonetti