Re: LilyPond 2.25.14

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.25.14
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 11:45:50 +0100

On Sun, 2024-03-24 at 03:20 -0700, Aaron Hill wrote:
> The error occurred from my WSL1 environment running Ubuntu 18.04.
> Probably my own fault for keeping bionic around.

Ah ok; yes, Ubuntu 18.04 is end-of-life since last year already, so I
didn't check its versions.

> I do have Ubuntu 20.04 under WSL2.  I can confirm 2.25.14 runs under
> focal without complaining about glibc.

Good.

> Based on the email thread you linked, perhaps I should nuke all my WSL
> distros at this point and start from scratch with the latest Ubuntu (22,
> I gather).  Not sure if Alma is an option for WSL.

You don't need Alma, the binaries should run on any distribution that
is newer than that. Ubuntu is perfectly fine, and likely better tested
with WSL (but I don't have experience with it myself).

Jonas