Re: LilyPond 2.25.14

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.25.14
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 04:12:57 -0700

On 2024-03-24 3:45 am, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
On Sun, 2024-03-24 at 03:20 -0700, Aaron Hill wrote:
Based on the email thread you linked, perhaps I should nuke all my WSL
distros at this point and start from scratch with the latest Ubuntu (22,
I gather).  Not sure if Alma is an option for WSL.

You don't need Alma, the binaries should run on any distribution that
is newer than that. Ubuntu is perfectly fine, and likely better tested
with WSL (but I don't have experience with it myself).

Yeah, Ubuntu has been the de facto default for WSL, as it was my understanding that Canonical and Microsoft teamed up to create the original WSL project.

Interestingly, it turns out Alma is a supported WSL distro (8 and 9 are both in the Windows Store).

-- Aaron Hill