Re: [RFC] Transition to Guile 3.0

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: [RFC] Transition to Guile 3.0
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:22:09 +0200

Am 08.04.2024 um 23:40 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
Thanks for testing! I assume this is also enabling Guile optimizations
during LilyPond runtime? It would be interesting to see if there's a
gain from just compiling the bytecode with optimizations. That would be
a one-time cost that may be worth paying, especially if we had proper
standalone bytecode compilation that parallelizes...
Btw, I get a mass of warning messages during bytecode compilation about
possibly
unbound variables. IIUC, the reason is that we do not import our "own"
modules
(the ones in (lily)) from the files that need them, rather relying on
during startup one after another. Is this correct?
That would explain that Guile fails to sort out the dependencies between
the modules.

Michael