Minimum GS version

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Minimum GS version
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 00:08:02 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to convert this file
$build/input/regression/out-test/tuplet-number-shift-along-kneed-beam.eps
to pdf
using epstopdf.
This doesn't fail, and in fact gv shows the contents (using -dNOSAFER).
But the pdf produced seems to be an empty file.
Or rather has some data in it, but gv displays the message

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

And all pixels render white.

I'm using GhostScript 9.55 and just remembered something about a minimum
version of GS being needed for lilypond EPS files.

FWIW, if I read it correctly, epstopdf ends up doing just about this:
cat
/home/lukes/src/lilypond-build/input/regression/out-test/tuplet-number-shift-along-kneed-beam.eps
| gs -dNOSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dCompatibilityLevel=1.5 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-sOutputFile=/tmp/lukes/lilypond/input/regression/out-test/tuplet-number-shift-along-kneed-beam.pdf
-dPDFSETTINGS#/prepress -dMaxSubsetPct=100 -dEmbedAllFonts=true
-dAutoRotatePages#/None -dDEBUG - -c quit

Which I also tried on cmdline with the same result.

I see on this page

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.25/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-running-lilypond

that minimum GS is 9.03, though.

Any clues?