liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Minor enhancement

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Minor enhancement
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:57:54 +0200

Hi again,

Just a word to say that I received a suggestion from another LW player:
"Liquidwars uses 100% cpu all the time! That might be ok if you use
DOS, but in multitasking operating system it's just nerving. I propose to add
some sleeps in the right places. I tried it and it works very good. I use Linux
and used usleep() out of <unistd.h>. The most important ones are in
my_do_dialog_no_clear() during the while loop and somewhere in
my_update_dialog() (I used usleep(100)). Result: 0% cpu load in the menu. The
third one I added is in void game() in line 790 after lr++;. Load drops from
100% to acceptable 20%. I am sure that you can add some more because you know
your program much more
better than I do :)"

This patch will probably be included in 5.5.10 as well.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___