lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] insane sanity check in 1.4.1?

From: RAc
Subject: [lwip-devel] insane sanity check in 1.4.1?
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 02:06:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,

I'm obviously missing something here, but given that

#ifndef TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT
#define TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT               ((TCP_SND_QUEUELEN)/2)
#endif

(lwip 1.4.0)

or, respectively (1.4.1),

#ifndef TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT
#define TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT               LWIP_MAX(((TCP_SND_QUEUELEN)/2), 5)
#endif

wouldn't the sanity check

  if (TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT >= TCP_SND_QUEUELEN)
    LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG(("lwip_sanity_check: WARNING: TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT must
be less than TCP_SND_QUEUELEN.\n"));

in init.c by definition always catch in (unless you explicitly redefine
TCP_SNDQUEUELOWAT to something else? Why would you do that?)

Since beginning with 1.4.1 the sanity checks are not under control of
LWIP_DEBUG anymore (which I never bothered to set), I get the sanity
assertion.

Why would the default values cause a sanity checks? What are recommended
values and why would I want to override the defaults?

Thanks!