lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Displaying a pdf live on the Fly?

From: Mike Marchywka
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Displaying a pdf live on the Fly?
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 10:38:57 +0000

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 07:44:33PM -0700, Chime Hart wrote:
> Hi All: I am realizing it would be easier to have lynx display pdfs basicly
> like any other texts. Otherwise I must also run a pdf converter on the file
> or e-mail to RoboBraille. Anyway we tried modifying my dot mailcap file,
> like this
> application/pdf; less "%s"

Are people using pdf emails? I was curious about latex email because the source
code can be made more human readable than html- I was usig lynx to
try to convert the html layout info into logical latex like
syntax for testing some stuff.
I don't really like non-text emails but for things that absolutely need
to have some structure - logical or layout- latex like source would
probably be a better way to go than anything compiled into a binary display
format. With logical structure the viewer can expand or hide various blocks
as needed.

Right now I am just noting tags I found useful for later  parsing
into logical strucutre.  So I added things to the formated output,

./lynx -cfg=./lynx.cfg -mjm=2 -dump -force-html ifn_clips.txt  | grep "\\\\" |
more
unknown option name EXTERNAL in ./lynx.cfg
   \br{}EC4Y 0AN, United Kingdom - Company No. 09901510 [Exact
   \p{This message contains My NCBI what's new results from the National
   (\url{http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/}NCBI) at the U.S. National Library
   of Medicine (\url{http://www.nlm.nih.gov/}NLM).
   \br{}Do not reply directly to this message.
   \p{Sender's message: Search: interferon
   \br{}Search: interferon
   \br{}
   \br{}\url{http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/searches/1340461/1jGkfURVu
   \br{}
   \br{}\url{http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/searches/1340461/}Edit

to aid with things like this which is solely for input into a viewer I was
trying to make,

 cat mail_clip_file.txt |  gawk -f  pubmed.awk  | more

\citation{   2. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2019 May 13:1-22. doi:
10.1080/15622975.2019.1618494. [Epub ahead of print]}
\title{[16]Cytokine-mediated cellular immune activation in electroconvulsive
therapy: A CSF study in patients with
treatment-resistant depression.}
\authors{   [17]Mindt S^1, [18]Neumaier M^1, [19]Hoyer C^2, [20]Sartorius A^3,
[21]Kranaster L^3.
   Author information:
   1. a Institute for Clinical Chemistry, University Medical Centre Mannheim,
Faculty of Medicine Mannheim,
   University of Heidelberg , Mannheim , Germany.
   2. b Department of Neurology , University Medical Centre Mannheim , Mannheim
, Germany.
   3. c Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy , Central Institute of
Mental Health, Medical Faculty
   Mannheim/Heidelberg University , Mannheim , Germany.}
\abstract{OBJECTIVES:
   Evidence points towar

It is interesting though that while many
test emxails can be under 1k, the headers can be 5x more than that
with all the relays and spam stuff lol.