mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] request

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] request
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:54:06 +0100

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 08:13, address@hidden wrote:
> hai,
>      i am a student doing My M.Tech. i need some help about the mibble
>      i need to know how to install & run the programms by using this mibble
>      library and a studied the install.txt file but i don't know how
>      the class path initializes plz any body mail me for the above queries

Ok, here's an example. Open a command prompt and go
to the directory where you've unpacked the
mibble-2.2.tar.gz file. Then write the following on
a single line (i.e. no newlines):

java -cp lib/mibble-2.2.jar:lib/grammatica-1.4.jar
  net.percederberg.mibble.MibblePrinter
  src/mibs/ietf/RFC1414-MIB

In the first line above the "-cp ..." sets the Java
classpath, i.e. where your JVM searches for class
files. If you like, you can also create an environment
variable CLASSPATH containing the absolute path to
the files instead:

export CLASSPATH=/blah/blah/lib/mibble-2.2.jar:/blah/blah...

(Note is done differently on Windows, the above is Unix.)
Then just skip the "-cp ..." parameter in the command
above.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

/Per