mibble-users

[Mibble-users] Dowloads and status update

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: [Mibble-users] Dowloads and status update
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:21:13 +0100

Hi Mibblers,

As some of you might have noticed, the Mibble download
area has been unavailable for some weeks. This situation
will probably continue to sometime in January, depending
on problems over at GNU Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org)
where Mibble is hosted. Please drop me a line if you need
a copy of the latest release (2.2) and I'll send one by
mail.

Parts of Savannah went up today, however, so at least the
bug tracking works again. I've added new bugs for some
recent issues from this list if you'd like to check them
out or comment:

# Use real MIB name in imports (not file name)
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6959

# Add serialization to the Mib class
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6960

# Add shell scripts for running the utilities
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6961

I've also recently received code contributions by Watsh
Rajneesh of HP India, so the next release (Mibble 2.3)
will contain a graphical MIB browser with SNMPv1 client
capabilities. If anyone is interested in checking that
out before the estimated release in the end of January,
just drop me a line.

Cheers,

/Per